We are excited to kick off our fall fundraising campaign with the return of our House Concert Benefit featuring Super Creeps, Austin’s premiere David Bowie tribute band and our collaborators for The Bowie Project: A Rock & Roll Soundpainting.
Our goal for this season is to have at least 100 donors at any level and raise $8,000 between now and December 15th. A donation of any amount will help us reach these goals!
I hope you will consider becoming one of those donors and join us in our efforts to continue creating innovative new work and hosting community workshops and education programs that bring creative opportunities to people of all ages.
Save the Date!
House Concert Benefit featuring Super Creeps
Sunday, December 3rd from 6:00pm-8:00pm
Please join us for this up close and intimate experience celebrating David Bowie’s music, PLUS be delighted by exciting new adventures in Soundpainting, and see an excerpt to premiere our completed edit of The Bowie Project from January, 2017 by Colin Lowry.
AND you will enjoy delicious food & drinks in a relaxed setting among friends and neighbors.
The event is at the 1907 East Austin home of Colin Lowry & Andrea Ariel. Exact address and parking info will be provided with your reservation.
You can reserve your spot NOW with your donation of $20 or more right here: kickoff.eventbrite.com
Even if you can’t attend, I hope you will consider making a donation of any amount to help us reach our fundraising goals! Every contribution adds up, and is fully tax-deductible! You can make your donation HERE.
Here is what your contribution will support:
• The creation and performances of a new work, Locked-IN to premiere in June, 2018.
• The development of the Austin Soundpainting Collective and pop-up performances around the city.
• Community Voices Workshops that offer a safe space for community members of all abilities to be creative, share stories, move, engage in a dialogue, and explore innovative ways to meet, connect, and create with people in your community.
• Soundpainting Workshops for the community providing a super fun opportunity to move, dance, sing, speak, or play an instrument using guided improvisation with a community group.
• Our ARTSPLUS arts-in-education programs in the schools bringing creative opportunities to youth of all ages.
Thank you for supporting us to continue our work in the Austin community and beyond!
With Love & Gratitude,
Our new project, Locked-IN, is supported in part by the Cultural Arts Division of the City of Austin Economic Development Department.